Açaí is more than just a purple berry. In fact, it’s thought to be the most powerful superfood in the Amazon. Wild harvested by hand from the rainforest’s palm trees for centuries, this nutritional powerhouse has long been a staple of indigenous diets.
BENEFITS OF AÇAÍ
- Antioxidant Rich: A champion of heart and brain health (think olive oil, walnuts or fish).
- Packed Full of Healthy Omegas 3, 6, 9: Tackles free radicals to help keep your defenses high. Just like blueberries. Only tastier.
- Low in Naturally Occurring Sugars: Which means less sugar spikes and more goodness.
From the beginning, Sambazon was as much about giving back to the community of farmers and protecting the biodiversity of the Amazon as it was providing this delicious, nutritious food to the wider world.
By creating their own responsibly managed supply chain of Certified Organic and Fair Trade Açaí, they were able to do all of this, establishing a direct connection between their farmers and you along the way.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Açaí is pronounced as AH-SIGH-EE.
- Sambazon = Sustainable Management of the Brazilian Amazon